BOLEX P1 8MM REFLEX CAMERA / OVERHAULED / 30 DAY WARRANTY / FREE MANUALS
Current price $449.00
Listing type Chinese
Location Yuma, Arizona 853** US
Quantity sold 0
Quantity available 1
Seller bluemonarch22 (405)
Seller rating 100% positive feedback
Country/Region Of Manufacture Switzerland
Film Format 8mm
UPC Does not apply
BOLEX P1 8 MM
REFLEX FILM CAMERA
Free! 3 User Manuals - DVD
"Bolex Literature" - DVD
This is a recently overhauled Bolex-Paillard P-1 8mm reflex film camera with a 30-day warranty from Bolexrepair.com. Made in 1962, this is a gorgeous P-1 with all controls working as when new and ready to shoot film. Fresh film 8mm double-run film is still available, worldwide. See link:
The camera shoots single-frame for animation and variable speed from 12 to 64 frames per second (FPS). The camera uses 16 mm wide film, which is run 25 feet in one direction filming on one side of the 16mm film creating an 8mm wide image. Then the film is removed and the film "flipped" upside down to run another 25 feet filming on the other side of the film stock.
The film is processed, then slit down the middle, and the ends cemented together to make 50 feet of processed footage, which will run for about 3 minutes at 16-18 FPS. The film used in this style is called "Double run" 8mm. Bolex cameras use a wound spring motor to power the film transport mechanism and therefore do not require any batteries. You can use them anywhere. Cameras like these are typically used for music videos, independent film production, and wherever a small, high-quality film camera is required.
After developing, the film can be scanned and converted to any video format for editing. You can use a portable CD or flashcard recorder, such as those made by Sony, Zoom, Tascam or Fostex, etc., to record sound during filming. The soundtrack is added later during editing. Film quality is outstanding, with approximately 10-11 F-stops Vs. 4-5 F-stops for video.
We rate this camera at approximately 9+ on a 10 scale. You will not find a better or cleaner P-1 for sale anywhere at this price. The camera winds and runs smoothly. The meter works great and includes a new battery light meter adapter and battery.
Comes with overhauled Declic handle as well as a P-1 Owner's Manual, Bolex Reflex 8MM Repair Manual, Bolex Literature, and patents - on DVDs, and an oirginal Bolex leather case for the P-1's storage, as well as other extras as described below. This P-1 is highly collectible and is ready to shoot film after an overhaul to Bolex factory specifications:
* Thoroughly clean, inside and out
* Change any worn or broken parts
* Lubrication per factory specification
* Remove, clean and re-attach all leather as necessary
* Clean and treat all leather with Lexol brand leather conditioner
* Check & adjust the operation of camera motor assembly
* Adjust speed regulator to factory tolerances
* Calibrate and adjust film transport mechanism to factory specifications
* Calibrate and adjust the film loop registration system to factory specifications
* Overhaul and calibrate take up spool clutch assembly to factory specifications
* Check camera operation, all film speeds, and single-frame operation
* Check light meter calibration and adjust to factory specifications
* Check for proper lens/viewfinder calibration
* Film transport mechanism thoroughly tested with film
* Clean objective lens and reflex eyepiece
PAN-CINOR 1:19 REFLEX LENS
Pan-Cinor (France) 8-40 mm zoom with both small and large zoom sticks, original Pan-Cinor filter holder, and hood. #85 conversion filter included. The lens is in excellent condition. Focus is smooth; iris adjustment is smooth. Lens glass is clear and free from fungus, haze, and scratches. Pan-Cinor lenses use a "split-focus" system. Easy to use - rotate the focus ring until both halves of the split image align with each other, and the camera is focused.
ACCESSORIES AND EXTRAS INCLUDED:
* Bolex original metal take-up reel.
* Genuine Bolex-Paillard original "Declic" handle (overhauled).
* Bolex English Leather Case. Use for storage.
* Half-roll of 8mm "Double Run" film on reel. Expired - use for practice loading.
* Short zoom sticks.
* New custom made light meter battery kit with spacer and new Wein cell. MSRP $24.95
FREE LITERATURE INCLUDED
* Bolex P-1 Owner's Manual on DVD (new) MSRP $7.95
* Bolex Literature DVD (new) MSRP $19.95
* Bolex-Paillard 8mm Reflex Camera Factory Repair Manual on DVD (new) MSRP $7.95
* Steadicam Patents on DVD (new) MSR9138P $7.95
This item comes with a 30 day written service warranty indemnifying you against any problem for the first 30 days of ownership. We will repair or replace (our discretion) any part of this camera per our written warranty. You can view the written warranty online by cutting and pasting this URL online:
The item will be exactly as promised and described herein. Be sure you want this item before bidding. All camera sales are final.
Use the "Contact seller" link located in the upper right corner of the "SELLER INFORMATION" window on this auction page.
Shipping within the USA is via US Postal Service Priority Mail, insured for value with tracking. Other shipping methods available - inquire. All shipments are insured for value.
Feel free to contact me with your delivery address before bidding or for alternate shipping options or shipping estimates. We ship only to the address supplied by PayPal/eBay. All shipped items must have tracking or delivery confirmation to meet PayPal payment requirements.
Shipping outside the USA is via US Postal Express Mail International, insured for selling price with tracking. Other shipping methods are available. All overseas shipments must be insured for value with tracking. All shipped items outside the USA must have tracking to meet PayPal payment requirements.
Some countries do not allow insurance. Some do not allow tracking. Contact me before bidding, and I will give you an estimate. If you do not contact me before bidding and you win, I will send you an invoice with US Express Mail International shipping costs. All customs fees, if any, are the responsibility of the buyer.
We accept PayPal with a confirmed address. We only ship to the address' supplied by PayPal/eBay. Sorry, no local pickup. PayPal and eBay rules require mandatory tracking via an independent shipper to validate buyer protection. Payment is expected within three working days and B-I-N payment upon purchase. Please do not bid if you cannot follow through on the sale—all sales final.
100% of buyers gave this seller positive feedback.