1921~"COLUMBIA/SYNCHRONIZED" PLAYER PIANO ROLL #180~"AIN'T WE GOT FUN"~VERY RARE
Current price $14.00
Listing type Chinese
Location Dewitt, Michigan 488** US
Quantity sold 0
Quantity available 1
Seller 21thegreatone (2811)
Seller rating 100% positive feedback
Country/Region Of Manufacture United States
Exact Year 1921
Brand Columbia "Synchronized"
WELCOME TO "21THEGREATONE'S AUCTIONS"..."WHERE UNIQUENESS GOES...LIVE"...
You are bidding on the following:
Vintage Copyright 1921
Player Piano Word Roll #180
RICHARD WHITING'S "_AIN'T WE GOT FUN_"
Music by: RICHARD WHITING
Lyrics by: GUS KAHN & RAYMOND EGAN
Played by: Dave Gwyn
CONDITION: GOOD+ to VERY GOOD-- (see all notes and photos)
Frankly, I was surprised to find a vintage "Columbia" roll at all, in this massive collection, as most of these have LONG since been destroyed/lost/forgotten. THEN..I saw the title.
This is a COPYRIGHT 1921 music roll of the WILDLY POPULAR (Foxtrot) song "_Ain't We Got Fun_" (made the SAME YEAR as the original 1921 Song's release), for player pianos.
(Thank God for growing up on the "Bugs Bunny cartoons" (and to Warner Bro's orchestra) for even permitting this 51 year old former DJ, to even KNOW about this song. (Special shoutout to Peggy Lee and Bing Crosby & Rosemary Clooney, and Doris Day...and even Bob Hope, who later had hit covers of this song in there long recording years. (Peggy Lee's version is a GEM too. You oughta check it out sometime)
I have taken several photos to display this roll's condition)...please see ALL photos, and notes below)
1)~This RARE item DOES have its original box, and while the Box shows its age, it is in surprisingly-sound/sturdy condition (considering it is 100 years old). (For some reason unknown, there is a large (in pencil) "X" drawn across the faceplate. (yes, you can erase it, if you wish...but I don't advise it...as you do not want to remove the vintage INK on the faceplate.
2)~~The ROLL of MUSIC is in GOOD+ condition, considering the age of this piece, and it was likely PLAYED...A LOT back in its day. As this song was HUGELY popular back in them "Flapper-Era Days", as evidenced by the visible edge-wear so often seen on vintage rolls like this (see photo). Hand-played for creation (by DAVE GWYN), and for a paper item that pre-dates "The Stock Market Collapse"... it's only notable "flaws" (if you will), are the edge damage (when the music plays, or is "re-rolled" it has a tendency to "rub against" the spool caps, and causes "wear along the edges"...AND the original owner(s) of this rare piece placed a strip of masking tape along the very beginning ("Feeder/Header" part where the brass tab/label are". (You will see it in the photos.) It appears, after all these years that the "old masking tape strip" has dried, so you can EASILY remove it (if you wish) without damaging the precious contents (the vintage "Columbia/Synchronized" feeder tab logo, or the paper underneath it.
Edge wear smooths out, yet does exist into the portion where the music begins. (see photo). But does get lesser, as the music continues in. (I describe and list all vintage paper items exactly as I find them).
3)~~~Yes, I will offer the SHIPPING DISCOUNT found on all of the other ones on the "Vintage Piano Roll Sale" you are seeing on my other listings, and I am happy to ship this with all the others you win, so please do shop and load up. But on THESE ones (as I only have a handful of the "Classical Composers/Hit-Makers of the Era" ones (and when they are gone...they are gone...Please examine all the photos BEFORE you place-bid. (There is a "Make Offer" Option too, so bid early and often, as collectors know what this rare gem is worth. INCREASINGLY-RARER with each passing day, I am asking for SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY PLEASE, as this is an antiquarian/historical piece.)
An EXTREMELY-RARE piece of Vintage Musical History here. NOTE: It is HIGHLY doubtful, that I will EVER find this particular one again at Auction...ever. (Again, I was surprised myself to actually FIND a vintage "Columbia Roll" (as most from this era were dominated by "QRS, Mel-O-Dee, Aeolian, and some 88-Note".
Comes from a MASSIVE collection I recently acquired of Vintage Sheet Music/Player Piano and other Musical Ephemera Items I acquired at auction, held at the owner of a former long-time music store's estate, once located in Detroit, MI. I will be listing every single one of them over the next couple days. They will list exactly as I acquired them. Please assume VERY GOOD (or better) condition on all that I will list. (If better/if worse, I will indicate accordingly.)
I know very little about Player Piano Rolls, so am beginning the listings on EVERY PLAYER WORD ROLL at the same starting price.
I "buy unique"...and I "list uniquely". Remember..."Ebay SHOULD BE FUN!!". If I "haven't seen it at auction before"...then I usually pick it up, and then pass along the good deal to you.
***MULTIPLE AUCTION WINNERS ON PIANO WORD ROLL LISTINGS...I WILL COMBINE SHIPPING (for U.S. BUYERS), and ship all simultaneously for you, that you win within a 4-day window of 1st Auction's Close.*** (see "Shipping" section below)
~~~_I acquire all my items at auctions and estate sales._
_I tend to be on the scout for "things you don't often see anymore", so please be sure to check__ my other listings for more unique finds, as I always have something interesting going up for bidding daily~~~_
* I charge a "flat rate" for shipping on this item WITHIN the continental United States ($8.00), via USPS First Class (keeps it simple for us all). All packages I ship are ALWAYS packaged with added protection to ALL contents within before shipping, so that all contents are protected inside, while in transit to you.
* INTERNATIONAL RATES APPLY FOR OVERSEAS OR OUTSIDE THE "CONTINENTAL US", AND WILL BE FIRST CLASS TO YOUR SPECIFIC LOCATION/COUNTRY. I DO NOT USE "THE EBAY GLOBAL SHIPPING PROGRAM". I SHIP DIRECTLY TO ALL INTERNATIONAL (NON-U.S. LOCATIONS/WORLDWIDE) AND WILL INVOICE INTERNATIONAL BUYERS AFTER AUCTION'S CLOSE, WITH SHIPPING TO YOUR COUNTRY, WHEN APPLICABLE.
* ***I WILL COMBINE SHIPPING (ON PIANO WORD ROLL LISTINGS) FOR BUYERS WHO PURCHASE MULTIPLE ITEMS, WITHIN 4 DAY WINDOW OF YOUR 1ST AUCTION'S CLOSE DATE. IF THIS APPLIES TO YOU, PLEASE WAIT FOR ME TO INVOICE YOU FOR PAYMENT, SO I CAN APPLY THE DISCOUNT*** (IN A NUTSHELL...FOR U.S. BUYERS...THE MOST YOU WILL PAY FOR SHIPPING ON 1 ROLL, OR 100 ROLLS THAT YOU WIN...IS ONLY $8.00. SO PLEASE DO STOCK UP! :) *** * ITEMS TYPICALLY SHIP WITHIN 2 DAYS OF PAYMENT RECEIVED VIA PAYPAL. I OFTEN WILL PLACE THE "TRACKING NUMBER" FOR YOUR PURCHASE ON YOUR CLOSED SALE INFORMATION, AS TIME PERMITS. IF I DO NOT ON YOURS INSTANTLY, THEN YOU CAN GAUGE DELIVERY TIME BY THE OLD SCHOOL STANDARD OF "IF I LEFT FEEDBACK FOR YOU...THEN IT IS ON THE WAY".
* I DO UNDERSTAND THAT "FOLKS ARE NOT ON EBAY 24/7", AS WE ALL LEAD BUSY LIVES. BUT I DO REQUEST ALL PAYMENTS TO ME MADE WITHIN 3 DAYS OF THE TIME I INVOICE YOU. I ACCEPT PAYPAL. :)
* PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME WITH QUESTIONS, AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO ANSWER THEM ALL FOR YOU :)
_PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER LISTINGS! THANK YOU AGAIN FOR VISITING AND AS ALWAYS:_
100% of buyers gave this seller positive feedback.