Current price $4,799.00
Listing type Fixed Price Item
Location San Clemente, California 926** US
Quantity sold 0
Quantity available 1
Seller myguitarsrock (34)
Seller rating 100% positive feedback
Model Year 1980
Series Gibson Les Paul
Type Electric Guitar
Body Type Solid
For sale: 1980 Lefty Gibson Les Paul Custom, Kalamazoo made. The color is a rare lefty in Wine Red. This guitar is 100% original and it's left-handed. Key fact about the guitar is that I am the second owner. I purchased it from a family who's nephew inherited it from his uncle who sadly passed. The nephew was right handed, so couldn't play the guitar. When I purchased it, he told me it was in storage from 1985 until approx 2015. This guitar has very little play time or even fret wear. eBay message me if you want more pictures of the guitar, as eBay only allows 12. I have many more.
* Has the original "Tim Shaw" humbuckers. These TS humbuckers are very sought after, and can run a high price just on their own.
* Incredible low string action, and rock solid straight neck.
* Amazing woody tones and ebony fretboard...like glass. No joke.
* Stays in tune incredibly well. One of the few Gibson LP's that I've owned that stays in tune over time.
* Weight is 11 lbs.
* Pickups: bridge: 7.28 ohm and neck 7.34 ohm (according to my multimeter using guitar chord plug into guitar's jack)
* Original Gibson Chainsaw case, extremely clean, brand new looking, looks like it was never taken out of the house.
It is "SECOND" stamped on back of headstock. This typically means that when the guitar was being built, the Gibson quality review team noticed a blemish or build issue. Even if it has just one or two minor issues, they had to stamp it before it was sent out. I went over this guitar with a fine tooth comb, and only found one thing that may have given it a Second status. (You can search on web "Gibson second stamp" to learn more about Second). Plus, due to the guitar's age, I noticed 2 cosmetic things.
1. Second -- Back plate screw was originally screwed in poorly when built due to the route edge cut too close to body, not giving enough route edge to screw the cavity cover on to. But obviously they were not willing to fix it before sending out. (see picture).
2. Cosmetic over time -- The wings on the headstock (2 side wood pieces in the building of every Gibson LP headstock) on the back is showing seam lines after 40 years of existence. (But I highly doubt they were there when the guitar was initially built, but not sure). See picture.
3. Cosmetic over time -- Looks like there was a small wood shrink line that appeared sometime over the many years next to the toggle switch. A prospective buyer said it was probably from when they originally routed out the toggle switch hole.
I list all my used guitars as "Very Good" per Reverb's 'gear condition guidelines' online. Yes, it has the typical minor dings, indents, and other typical wear for a 40 year old guitar, however, for 40 years, you will be hard pressed to find another lefty LP Custom in this amazing cosmetic condition -- it's almost like time stood still. It's just a rare find.
Look at all the pictures BEFORE buying, and feel free to message me via eBay Message function with any questions or if you need additional photos BEFORE buying. Being a vintage guitar, this guitar is sold as is, no returns. (WILL NOT SHIP UNTIL PAYMENT CLEARS.)
Ship only to lower 48 US States. If in San Clemente, CA south orange county area, will meet at local Starbucks. No Trades. CHECK OUT MY OTHER "LEFTY" GUITARS FOR SALE ON MY EBAY SHOP!
This product has more than 950 hits from eBay users. This means it is a very popular and in-demand item.