* NASA Apollo Saturn V Rocket S-IC Hardware* Boeing Marotta Solenoid Space Valve
Current price $240.00
Listing type Fixed Price Item
Location Winter Park, Florida 32792 US
Quantity sold 1
Quantity available 1
Seller rocket-broker (449)
Seller rating 100% positive feedback
* NASA APOLLO SATURN V ROCKET S-IC HARDWARE* BOEING MAROTTA SOLENOID SPACE VALVE
* Vintage NASA Apollo Saturn V Rocket S-IC / 1st Stage Hardware * Boeing / Marotta Solenoid Space Valve, Marshall Space Flight Center.
This artifact is a Fluidic System Pressurization valve designed for the Apollo program, specifically for the Saturn V Moon Rocket's First Stage.
Boeing, the primary contractor for the S-IC, contracted Marotta Valve Company for the design and manufacture of this solenoid valve.
The main valve body is constructed of non-magnetic, corrosion resistant stainless steel.
NASA & Manufacturer Tag Data:
NASA George C. Marshall Space Flight Center
2-Way 2-Position Solenoid Valve
Assembly Number: 65B23278-5B
Contract Number: NAS8-5608
Serial Number: 154
Manufactured By: 228484 (Unqualified)
Acceptance Date: February of 1965
Model Number: MV130TB
Manufacturer Part Number: 228484
24 Volts DC, 1.0 AMP
Ports Per: AND10050-6
Service: Air, GN2, He
Operating Pressure: 3500 Pounds per Square Inch Gauge
Marotta Valve Corporation
Boonton, New Jersey, Santa Ana, California, U.S
(O-Ring Cure & Assembly Stamp Date: First Quarter of 1965)
Approximate dimensions: 5 inches x 3.25 inches x 2.25 inches.
The last ten images are for reference only, including photos of the Saturn V S-IC stage from assembly to flight ready.
This solenoid valve was originally purchased at a NASA Marshall Space Flight Center auction, in Huntsville, Alabama.
An enduring piece of Saturn V spaceflight history for your Apollo collection!
We require that all potential buyers read our 'FAQ and Terms of Sale' section, at the bottom of each listing, prior to purchase, offer or bid placement and inquiries.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * AS THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY OF THE APOLLO 11 MOON LANDING IS FAST APPROACHING, SPACEFLIGHT MISSIONS GROW FARTHER REACHING AND EVER BOLD, WHILE WE BEGIN TO EXPERIENCE A RENAISSANCE OF INTERNATIONAL INTEREST IN SPACEFLIGHT ENDEAVORS AND TECHNOLOGY. STILL, ONLY A FEW KNOW about the possibility of collecting such historically significant artifacts, as these from the Space Programs, but that is beginning to change, in light of these events.
Over time, spaceflight artifacts are increasingly difficult to acquire and the value of these rare collectibles is very likely to rise dramatically. If you are a collector that is new to the niche of spaceflight hardware and seeking to diversify your portfolio, this is an excellent way to accomplish that with a unique and sound investment. These are heirlooms that will inspire and be admired by many generations to come.
*** IF YOU WANT TO FIND ALL OF OUR SPACEFLIGHT ARTIFACTS AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE, MAKE SURE YOU LOOK EVERYWHERE. *** WHETHER A SEASONED SPACE HARDWARE COLLECTOR OR A NOVICE, WE ASK THAT ALL PLEASE READ OUR *FAQ & TERMS OF SALE* SECTION BELOW, PRIOR TO PURCHASE OR BID PLACEMENT.
Thank you, and welcome to Space Mission Market!
FAQ & Terms of Sale:
* Artifact Inquiries: Please submit all questions regarding listed artifacts, prior to purchase or bid placement, and allow at least 24 hours for response. Write in anytime with all other questions or special artifact requests. We will try to locate any specific type of spaceflight hardware that you are interested in purchasing.
* Artifact Provenance: Artifacts that include provenance (or any documents, original receipts, part tags, certificate of authenticity / COA, etc) in the sale will have that stated in the listing and shown in the listing photos. If any of this type of provenance / paperwork is not shown in the photos and specified as "included" in the listing, then it is not available or included in the sale.
* Artifact Flight Status: FLOWN = Spacecraft hardware / components, crew equipment, scientific instruments or other items / materials that have been flown. FLIGHT = Spacecraft flight qualified spares or backup hardware / components and engineering test articles made of the same components as the flight article. These are items that could have flown, but were not flown. Ground Support Equipment (GSE) = Non-flight space program hardware, equipment and scientific Instruments used in direct association with the spacecraft, spacecraft engineers and technicians. These are items that were used and made for ground support that may or may not have been in direct contact with the spacecraft prior to launch.
* All items listed here are being sold as collectible artifacts only, and although they may be in perfect working order, we are not able to test them for functionality.
* Unpaid Items: Anyone that places the winning bid on an Auction item that we have listed or orders a 'Buy it Now' item that we have listed, without submitting payment within the time frame that eBay allows and without contacting us with a request to extend the payment date or responding to our payment request, please note that we will open an unpaid item case against your eBay account, cancel the sale if not paid and then we will block that person's eBay account from further bidding and purchasing at this eBay store. This is to assist in our efforts to keep a market / auction house open to serious buyers only without interference or hindrance from non-paying eBay members.
* Receiving Purchased Artifacts: All artifacts will be shipped within 5 business days of receiving full payment. We can not accommodate in person deliveries or package pick up requests, due to work travel demands. We ask that any requests to delay package shipments, please be sent to us through eBay messaging to avoid incurring a penalty on our eBay seller score.
* Combined Shipping: Combined shipping is available upon request and within the same auction week (extensions on a case by case basis). For combined shipping, please request a revised invoice reflecting the combined shipping cost, prior to submitting payment.
* Shipping Insurance: Packages Shipped via USPS Priority Mail Domestic Service include up to $50 insurance coverage. Packages shipped via USPS Priority Mail International include up to $200 USD insurance coverage. Additional shipping insurance coverage must be requested prior to submitting payment, so that the invoice can be adjusted to reflect the additional insurance coverage cost. Buyer is responsible for requesting and paying for additional insurance. Items shipped via USPS Retail Ground Service do not include insurance.
* International Customers: All artifacts will ship internationally. If the international shipping cost is not shown in the listing, please send a message requesting the rate. Any international, customs associated duties or fees are additional (not included in this transaction), and they are the buyers responsibility. We can not take special customs form requests. All information entered on customs forms is automated through eBay, based on the exact item listing description and value information saved in eBay's system.
Note: FAQ & Terms of Sale may be updated periodically. Please check for new information, prior to purchase, or bid placement.
Listing and template services provided by inkFrog
100% of buyers gave this seller positive feedback.