Current price $249.00
Listing type Fixed Price Item
Location Hathorne, Massachusetts 019** US
Quantity sold 0
Quantity available 1
Seller deb-n-mike_tiernan (127)
Seller rating 100% positive feedback
Size Medium (up to 36in.)
Artist Kirby Scudder
Listed By Owner
Date Of Creation 1986
Width (Inches) 24
Height (Inches) 36
Print Surface Paper
THANK YOU FOR VISITING OUR AUCTION TODAY.
If there are any questions, I encourage you to ask.
I strongly encourage offers.
You won't insult me.
Every auction I post includes the "Make an offer" feature.
CLARIFICATION:The "blemish" seen at the top of the photo between the "U" and "T" is a piece of masking tape that is on _the plexiglass_ and _NOT_ the poster itself.
This is an original poster from 1986 of a "stylized view" of the region of Massachusetts known as the Route 128 Technology Belt and the high-tech companies that it encompasses.
I got it from one of the companies I worked at in the early part of my career, the guy who had it in his office decided that I'd understand it and appreciate it.
It's sort of like looking at the tracks dinosaurs took, now fossilized, and trying to imagine yourself in the heady days of companies like "Digital Equipment Corp" (DEC) who was the largest publisher of documentation other than the U.S. Government.
From the artist about the poster:
_ Route 128, also known as the Yankee Division Highway (for the 26th Infantry Division), and originally the Circumferential Highway, is a partial beltway around Boston, Massachusetts, United States. The majority of the highway is built to freeway standards, and about 3/5 of it is part of the Interstate Highway System. With the rapid growth of high-technology industry in the suburban areas along Route 128 from the 1960s to the 1980s, Route 128 came to symbolize the Boston high-tech community itself. However, today the industry has expanded significantly onto Interstate 495 as well, the next beltway out. In local culture, Route 128 is seen as something of a dividing line between the inner municipalities of Greater Boston and the more far-flung suburbs. The road's roughly 10-mile (16 km) radius, for example, also delimits most of the area accessible by the MBTA rapid transit system. Much of the area within Route 128 was developed before World War II, while the area outside it was developed more recently. The south end of Route 128 is in Canton, where Interstate 95 heads south toward Providence, Rhode Island, just east of the Northeast Corridor's Route 128 Station. Common usage, as well as signs until 1997, continues Route 128 east along the first 7 miles (11 km) of Interstate 93 to the Braintree Split in Braintree, where I-93 turns north with Route 3 toward downtown Boston. This section of former Route 128 serves as the north end of Route 24 to Fall River. (Until 1965, Route 128 continued further, southeast along Route 3 and roughly north on Route 228 to Hull.)
Shipping will be via mailing tube with the poster rolled in 'kraft paper' to protect it.
The frame shown is/will not be included.
(Said frame is an inexpensive poster frame available almost anywhere.)
This poster has been covered since I got it and is in excellent condition. It is not faded with no blemishes (that I've seen) and no holes or tape marks.
Photo(s) are of actual item unless specified otherwise.
* We use the PayPal payment system.
* Please contact us within 48 hours of the sale if you would like us to consider an extension.
* Payment is expected within 7 days from the date of purchase.
* eBay will automatically send an "Unpaid Item" reminder after four (4) days.
* Please note that local pickup is free.
* Customs duty is obligation and liability of buyer, so buyer is responsible for any tax and custom duty incurred.
* Any and all claims and fees by customs offices for duties fees or local postal authorities for collecting those fees are the responsibility of the buyer and are not considered shipping costs.
* Please check your local customs policy carefully before purchase.
* We will NOT be responsible for any delivery failure related to destination/customs issues.
* Please leave note in PayPal when making the payment if you have any special requests.
* Package(s) will only be shipped to confirmed PayPal address.
* To avoid delays in shipping, please be sure that the address associated with your PayPal account is current.
* The majority of our items are shipped within 24 to 48 hours of the time payment is received. In the rare event that there is a small delay, we will notify you immediately.
* Domestic shipping is usually via USPS Standard Post
* International shipping will be via UPS Worldwide Saver
_N.B.: INTERNATIONAL SALES ARE LIMITED._ You must check the listing to make sure I've agreed to sell to your location! eBay has a glitch in the system that may permit the sale but it will then be cancelled.
* Buyer to pay actual shipping cost. We never charge a fee for packaging or handling.
* All prices quoted in the listing or by the eBay shipping calculator are for shipping via USPS. Other shipping services will be arranged at the buyer's request and at the buyer's expense. Please ask about rates for special services before remitting payment.
* I will accept returns, within 7 days of close of transaction WITHIN REASON. Unless otherwise specified, reasons include:
* Item arrives damaged in shipment.
* Item arrives "DOA", dead on arrival.
* Item is not as described in auction.
* Failure or inability to deliver.
* Returns are based on buyer contact.
* Please contact us so we can discuss means to an amicable solution.
* Refunds are be made in the same method as it was received by me. (meaning if you paid by Paypal - you will get a Paypal refund.)
* Return shipping costs are the buyer's responsibility unless the item is mislisted or the order is incorrect.
* Items offered for sale in _AS-IS_ or in _FOR PARTS/REPAIR/NOT WORKING_ condition are _final sale only._
Other requests will be _considered._
By bidding on my sale, you agree to these conditions and are bound by these rules.
* All names and marks are property of their respective owners and used solely to identify product.
* The seller is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with any manufacturer.
* All efforts have been made to accurately and completely represent the items being sold, if you find any errors, please contact me promptly for corrective action.
I _*DO*_ want customers to be happy and satisfied and will strive to keep it that way.
Please ask any questions you have prior to bidding. I try to answer all questions promptly.
View more great items
100% of buyers gave this seller positive feedback.